Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1 week later, and 100 downloads to boot!

It's been a week since my app was published, and I'm quite excited about the results.

I've seen a few app developers blog about their downloads, and I like that, so I'll be doing that as well.

For starters, I'll mention that during the week, I've updated version 1.0 to 1.1, 1.2, and finally 1.3. Each release seemed to boost usage a bit, so my usage data looks a little bumpy. Also, I use Admob for ads in my app.


I was quite happy today. I now have 100 active installs whereas on the 15th, I only had 2. The growth seems pretty linear, and that is likely because an anagram solver is pretty boring, most people aren't looking for one. Nevertheless, I'm happy. 100 people use my app and no one has complained about it yet.

Revenue and Ad impressions:

Ad revenue for my app seems to be very volatile. One day I get 4 cents, and another I get over $1.50. I'm guessing that this will get more predictable as more people use my app. I was also quite surprised that so little clicks get you so much money.

My goal that I set was to make back within the year the $25 I payed to be allowed to publish on the Android Market . With $3 in my first week, I'm feeling pretty confident that I can reach that goal. Seeing that, I'm changing my goal to be 2 months. By March 15th, 2012 I hope to have recouped my initial investment.

It's only going to get more exciting from here on out everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment